[Openswan Users] Please, please help! WinXP Roadwarrior won't connect! (logs included)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Aug 13 18:57:20 CEST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 trevor-os at thennion.demon.co.uk wrote:

> In the Linux /etc/ipsec.conf file there is no mention of  192.168.13.13 which
> appears at the end of the Oakley log, and I assume if the XP's local IP
> address.

I missed that. You really need to upgrade to openswan to get nat traversal and
XP working. This also requires a newer nat-traversal kernel patch, and thus
a new kernel image (not just new ipsec module)

It also needs to be enabled in ipsec.conf with the nat_traversal=yes line
and optionally a virtual_private line specifying 192.168.0.0/16