[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN 2.1.1 on a 2.6.5 kernel

Geoffrey Bennett geoffrey at ticom.com
Thu Apr 15 18:42:21 CEST 2004

I'm wondering what I may have missed in building OpenSWAN on a 2.6.5
kernel. This is OpenSWAN v2.1.1 on a gentoo 1.4.x box. However, I am
using the 2.6.5 kernel sources from kernel.org and not the gentoo
ebuild. After starting ipsec, when I run "ipsec verify" I get an error
message about not finding the command "setkey". What supplies setkey? It
looks to me as if it is supposed to be supplied by the 2.6.5 kernel
itself. Is this correct? If so, what do I need to do to have the setkey
binary built by my kernel sources? Thanks.

ipsec version reports: Linux FreeS/WAN U2.1.1/K2.6.5 (native) (native)

geoffrey