[Openswan dev] libosw (fwd)

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Sep 26 10:34:04 EDT 2011

    D> | Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:43:28 -0400 (EDT)

    D> Sorry for the very slow reply.

    D> | On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote: | | > | I'm
    D> using libopenswan (initsubnet, etc.) in another project.  | > |
    D> We just discovered that gcc-4.5 is even more pedantic.  | > | | >
    D> | initsubnet.c: In function 'initsubnet': | > |
    D> initsubnet.c:38:2: error: new qualifiers in middle of multi-level
    D> 4.5.1?

    D> I think that that is good.  Maybe we don't need the ugly
    D> work-around that I formulated.

    D> It could also be that MCR builds with more -W flags (pure
    D> suposition on my part).

    D> MCR: what flags did you use?

I have
  WERROR=-Werror export WERROR

and I (and a number of others) seem to agree that this intentional
self-harm is important.

Are you saying that 4.5.1 is different than 4.5.0?
looking... I tested with 4.5.2 on an ubuntu maverick system.

debian has 4.6. in unstable. I wonder if it's in backports yet.

] mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.