[Openswan dev] /etc/init.d/setup gets installed again

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Mon Oct 11 17:57:28 EDT 2010

Jivin Tuomo Soini lays it down ...
> David McCullough wrote:
> > Jivin Tuomo Soini lays it down ...
> >> I don't get setup installed twice. I don't really understand the issue
> >> because I can't make it installing twice!
> >
> > Looks like no one knows what is supposed to happen here ;-)
> >
> > There are two "doinstall" targets.
> >
> > For a normal program,  the "soinstall" target in programs/Makefile.program
> > gets run and installs the built progam.
> >
> > For setup,  the programs/setup/Makefile provides it's own special "doinstall"
> > target to have rc.d/init.d and so on.
> >
> > As far as I can tell,  the functionality we want is to only run the
> > "doinstall" target from the programs/setup/Makefile
> >
> > I added the PROGRAM=setup and NOINSTALL=true, in commit
> > f4e3e5af7db6938fd6497a61e2f57d97e9620836 . This should build setup
> > at build time,  but use the local version of doinstall at install time.
> > As far as I can tell this matched the functionality that was there before,
> > since not sefining the PROGRAM target gave us that functionality.
> >
> > There seems to have been some problem with that change,  and I am not sure
> > what is was,  but the NOINSTALL=true was removed in commit
> > 3044ef746f9ccb30264cc386897265b60b267d13
>
> Yes. I tested again with NOINSTALL=true and when that's in makefile it
> causes make programs ; make install to fail because there is no setup to
> install to /etc/init.d/ipsec. So with NOINSTALL=true there won't be
> setup in OBJ dir after make programs.

I don't understand that, as long as you have:

	PROGRAM = setup
	NOINSTALL = true

It should work.  I have tested it with a git master clone and it seemed ok
to me.

If you have time could you try a clean master with the attached patch,  and,
if it fails send me a build log ?

> > If I could figure out what was wrong with
> > f4e3e5af7db6938fd6497a61e2f57d97e9620836 I think we can fix it.
>
> Yes.
>
> I managed to find out why I didn't have extra setup in init.d dir - I
> had old (several years old) rm -f to make sure there won't be extra
> setup there. :-)

Are there any other changes in there :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,      david_mccullough at mcafee.com,  Ph:+61 734352815