[Openswan dev] /etc/init.d/setup gets installed again

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Wed Oct 6 00:26:17 EDT 2010

Jivin Paul Wouters lays it down ...
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, David McCullough wrote:
>
> >> The problem was you broke "ipsec setup restart" :)
> >
> > I did ?  Was this the IPSEC_CONFS/hard coded paths changes ?
>
> No, the not installing "setup" caused that. Which arguably needs a
> different solution. Try "ipsec setup anything" after using "your"
> method of not double installing :)

Ah,  ok.

I just built and installed it here with NOINSTALL=true and some extra
dependancies to match Makefile.program and all looked good.

After seeing your comment I have tried "ipsec steup stop/start/restart"
without any problems using netkey and klips.  Anything in particular I need
to have configured ?  I am using a single tunnel in my ipsec.conf,  not
fancy includes etc.

This is on an up-to-date Ubuntu 10.04 and openswan-git HEAD.  I did the
"make install" over an older openswan-2.6.25 source built version.

The patch I am running with is attached,  but I don't think it is
functionally different to the old one that failed for you,  but I might be
missing the obvious.

Cheers,
Davidm

--