[Openswan dev] async DNS and ipv6 AH

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Nov 30 14:39:43 EST 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, davidm at vault.xelerance.com wrote:

> Author: David McCullough <david_mccullough at mcafee.com>
> Date:   Tue Nov 30 10:51:28 2010 +1000
>
>    Prevent long DNS lookups on alt. addressing
>
>    Not that ttoaddr handles IPv4/IPv6 notation properly,
>    we can just use the one call,  preventing big hangs in
>    pluto while DNS times out.  This code should be moved to
>    use async DNS if possible,  though it isn't usually needed.

I'd like to look at replacing the lwres code with some kind of form
of unbound. the question is, should we count on a local DNS server,
or should be do our own caching? In the latter case, stubound with
evldns? (evldns is libevent+ldns)

> commit c09b80e85919455a5aa5cfb21643a1b3a08d343e
> Author: David McCullough <david_mccullough at mcafee.com>
> Date:   Tue Nov 30 10:44:17 2010 +1000
>
>    Remove ipv6 protocol at unload properly
>
>    So that we can be reloaded or switch to netkey :-)

I noticed add/del_proto is only done for ESP, not AH? Was this on purpose?