[Openswan dev] ocf debian

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Fri Dec 17 22:28:32 EST 2010

Jivin Harald Jenny lays it down ...
> > Since the only user likely to want "something special" is someone with a
> > better understanding or technical skillset, don't provide more options if
> > there are already ways to achieve the same thing,  even if they are a little
> > more terse/obscure.
>
> Could you elaborate on this?

Well,  currently I can choose OCF or cryptoapi etc by selecting how I load
my modules.  That method works fine and I think that someone who truly cares
about which crypto support is used will know why and be capable of making
it work the way they want.

99.9% of people just want it to work,  no need to push new config options
into the mix. The defaults should be what the openswan dev contributors
decide is the best and the existing mechanisms documented to allow advanced
config.

Cheers,
Davidm

--