[Openswan dev] [Commits] [OPENSWAN.git] Changes to ref refs/heads/master

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Apr 30 11:00:19 EDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, davidm at vault.xelerance.com wrote:

>    Fix assertion failure when removing routes
>
>    In delete_states_by_connection:
>
>    ASSERTION FAILED at .../programs/pluto/state.c:691: sr->eroute_owner == SOS_NOBODY
>
>    kernel_interface was left set to AUTO_PICK even though USE_KLIPS had been
>    selected by the code.  Note sure if this actually affected netkey or others
>    but it may.
>
>    This change makes sure that, once an interface is selected,  everything points
>    to that interface being the one.
>
>    This was a subtle side affect of fdfb59b413eec432969014762ceb847ef7e5e9a4 :-)

I don't understand. The code reads (with + for your added lines)

switch(kern_interface) {
     case AUTO_PICK:
 	[...]

     case USE_KLIPS:
+        kern_interface = USE_KLIPS;
 	[...]

  #if defined(BSD_KAME)
      case USE_BSDKAME:
+       kern_interface = USE_BSDKAME;
 	[...]

Aren't you just setting it to the value it must have because otherwise it would
never end up in the switch statement to begin with? I mean, it won't hurt, but
I don't think this can be fixing any assertion failed that you saw.