[Openswan dev] KLIPS module compilation with non-default options

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu May 21 18:36:01 EDT 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Michael Richardson wrote:

>    Harald> setting it to yes or no in linux/net/ipsec/defconfig and
>
> This file sets the default values for when you do "make menuconfig"
> after patching your kernel.
>
>    Harald> then defining/undefining it in packaging/linus/config-all.h
>
> This is used in module generation, and isn't the only file available.
> There are alternatives in other subdirs of packaging/

> Because there are multiple ways to build the code:
> 	1) patched into kernel tree.
> 	2) against a /usr/src/linux
> 	3) via RPM or other packaging system.

So am I right that one should be able to not edit linux/net/ipsec/defconfig
or packaging/linus/config-all.h, and do:

cd openswan-2.x.y
cp packaging/linus/config-all.h myconf.h
[edit myconf.h]
export KERNELSRC=/usr/src/kernels/linux-a.y.z/
make MODULE_DEF_INCLUDE=/path/to/openswan-2.x.y/myconf.h module

It seems that just worked for me (though the results were not pretty :)