[Openswan dev] [Announce] Openswan 2.4.10 Released

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Nov 7 09:09:17 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> When did the "ipsec setup" command go away?  I miss it.  (It was just a
> link the /etc/init.d/ipsec .)

It didn't. the openwrt screws up the link. They didnt specify the proper
variable to get /etc/init.d/

> Here's an unfortunate error.  openswan (/etc/init.d/ipsec?) uses a
> flag to ps(1) that busybox's ps does not implement.  I have not looked
> to see if the missing flag can be avoided.
>
>     root at OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/ipsec status
>     ps: illegal option -- C
>     BusyBox v1.4.2 (2007-11-05 13:32:21 EST) multi-call binary

Odd. I removed ps -p occurances which it was using for -d /proc/$pid tests
just to avoid these. I guess no one tried to use ipsec status before.

Looking through _realsetup (called by ipsec status), the only ps call
I see is "ps -C pluto".

While it does not work as expected on my kamikaze 7.07 (it shows all
processes instead of only those matching the -C argument), it does not
give me an error.

However, openwrt has pidof, which we can use to replace ps -C.