[Openswan dev] Software patch for using Cavium Nitrox XL hardware accelerator?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Dec 18 12:38:55 EST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Ranjit wrote:

> 1. Is there a software patch available for Openswan that integrates Cavium
> Nitrox XL SDK? Cavium has FreeS/WAN patch readily available.

Define readily available? Last I checked, it was under NDA, and violating GPL.

> 2. If not, how much from the patches for FreeS/WAN can be used as-is with
> Openswan? I am trying to avoid as much manual integration as possible.

The patches as is were broken. We could send a single packet to lock up the
VPN until next rekey. At that was only at a cursory glance looking at the
code.

If you want the code supported now, it would have to be ported to both openswan
and the OCF layer. Which is unlikely to happen as long as the NDA and GPL
issues remain.

I'd switch vendors if I was you.