[Openswan dev] Openswan Port to Cygwin or MingW

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Dec 15 00:40:10 EST 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Brian J. Simecek wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to port openswan to cygwin (or mingw)?  I am actually
> looking for a ipsec/l2tp server option that both runs on windows platform
> and can accept the standard windows xp vpn client.  This port would solve
> both of my issues.

Openswan compiles on cygwin and runs on Windows. However, no hooks to
actually inject the proper policies in the kernel are there. In theory,
this should not be too hard on Vista, which users netsh.exe to convey
these. Currently, when running on Windows, the IPsec stack "no stack"
is picked.

Note that you would have to use openswan 2.5 for this, not openswan 2.4.