[Openswan dev] Openswan Port to Cygwin or MingW

Brian J. Simecek BSimecek at InfoShare-Consulting.com
Fri Dec 14 17:55:46 EST 2007

Has anyone attempted to port openswan to cygwin (or mingw)?  I am actually
looking for a ipsec/l2tp server option that both runs on windows platform
and can accept the standard windows xp vpn client.  This port would solve
both of my issues.

I have been running ipcop for a while now and it includes a vpn option, but
with my duel firewall configuration, I need something on the interior
network to allow full network access to clients (and other offices).  Ipcop
uses openvpn that does not allow the use of the default windows vpn client
(requires openvpn client).

Anyone know if porting to cygwin would solve my issue?