[Openswan dev]

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Jun 28 19:15:36 CEST 2006

    Patrice> I've got an wifi access controller in an Hotel for example. It's
    Patrice> connected to Internet with an ADSL Router and the IP adress of
    Patrice> the ISP is a dynamic IP Adress.

  okay.

    Patrice> This access control has to connect to my radius installed in my
    Patrice> NOC. I create a VPN between the access controller and my NOC
    Patrice> with Openswan IPSEC.

  good.

    Patrice> But, I want to have a monitoring of my AC with Nagios installed
    Patrice> in my NOC too. And Nagios needs the Access Controller to have a
    Patrice> known static IP Adress. (My Radius needs the same thing too)

    Patrice> How can I do ? Because, with my VPN, I suppose that the Access
    Patrice> Controller is always seen from my NOC with its dynamic IP adress
    Patrice> of the ISP.

  So, assign an IP address that you control, that is unique for you,
and is routeable to your network through your IPsec gateway.
  This might a private network that you route to the NOC gateway, or
might even be public address space.
  let this ip= A.B.C.D
  Extrude this IP to each of your access controllers:

conn access-controller
        right=%defaultroute
        rightid=@something-you-like
        rightsourceip=A.B.C.D
        rightsubnet=A.B.C.D/32
        left=...

] mcr at xelerance.com      http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/mcr/ |device driver[

    "The Microsoft _Get the Facts CD_ does not work on Linux." - orospakr