[Openswan dev] Re: PATCH: fix oops during KLIPS unloading

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Feb 13 18:39:46 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> | From: Ankit Desai <ankit at elitecore.com>
> | To: dev at openswan.org
> | Subject: [Openswan dev]
>
> [It is a good idea to have a subject: helps readers decide which
> messages are of interest.  You may actually have posted with a subject
> -- I've heard that mailman throws long ones away!  I've made a guess
> at an appropriate Subject.]
>
> [List admins: Perhaps you can fix that Mailman bug by upgrading to a
> recent version.  I've not noticed this problem on any of the other
> mailman lists to which I subscribe.]

We are waiting for a RAM upgrade to change the server to a virtual instance.
Then we will also be running a more modern version of mailman. If the issue
remains after that, we will look into it.

> The Openswan methodology calls for test cases that can be added to the
> test suit.  This makes improvements
> (1) objectively demonstrable
> (2) permanent (because the tests are run whenever future changes are
>     made)
> This methodology should be an important contributor to Openswan quality.

It had been requested a while ago, but I made it a todo item to have a
simple test case for modprobe ipsec ; rmmod ipsec.