[Openswan dev] Re: [Openswan Users] Require help related to XAUTH feature

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 24 19:55:04 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, utkarsh shah wrote:

>     I want to create a vpn connection in which user authentication can be performed using LDAP or Radius server. I would like to know how can I achieve it ??

two choices:

1) use XAUTH with Radius
2) use L2TP with Radius

1) needs custom software on the clients (windows/macosx) and is not well tested
2) should work without installing client software and had some documentation and testing:

See: http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-l2tp.html#L2TPoverview

>     If any one knows this please help me its high priority task and required urgently.

If it is that much of a high priority, perhaps you need to hire a consultant? :)