[Openswan dev] Invalid argument NULL (patch from users)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Dec 18 21:45:20 CET 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Nicolas Thauvin wrote:

> ERROR: netlink response for Add SA esp.<.....>@<ip obscured> included errno
> 22: Invalid argument
>
> Digging the mailing list, we found a patch in Openswan Users ML from Herbert
> Xu
>
> http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2004-August/001908.html
>
> Question is : why this patch was not ported into mainstream for the last year
> as it allows to establish an unencrypted tunnel with a Cisco without apparent
> drawback ?
>
> (See attachment for a 2.4.5dr3 version of the patch)

I've created bug #546 for this item and attached your patch. This has simply
been a matter of "low priority" to get this fixed. People who want to not use
encryption should really use AH, not ESP. ESP_NULL was only meant for testing
the code.

"Happiness is never grand"

	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)