[Openswan dev] Openswan on Axis Etrax

Andy fs at globalnetit.com
Tue Aug 23 01:28:42 CEST 2005

I have Openswan 2.3.1 running on a custom embedded system using the
Etrax 100LX- same as the 4+16 except we use external memory & flash. We
use the Netkey interface with a 2.6.11 kernel from the latest Axis
development kit.
I just had a small issue with building from source - IIRC something in
the Axis Makefiles sets '-Wshadow', and there are a couple of places
where that throws up a shadow warning. And because the Openswan Makefile
sets '-Werror', that makes the compilation fail. I just renamed the
offending variables to work around that. I'll submit a report on that
someday.

More interestingly, I have a couple of run-time issues I still have to
investigate. Related to compression and AES, I believe. So far, it works
fine using 3des and no compression.

The whole thing is quite large for an embedded application - we use a
16M flash part and have no problems, but if you don't have that much
space you may have trouble fitting it all in. Probably there are ways it
could be slimmed down if necessary.

Andy <fs at globalnetit.com>