[Openswan dev] Openswan on Axis Etrax

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Aug 23 00:47:22 CEST 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, phil at ctekproducts.com wrote:

> I am trying to find out if anyone has built Openswan to run in an embedded environment on the Axis Etrax 4+16 processor. I am in the process of trying to put Openswan 1.09 in this environment and would appreciate any feedback/suggestions.

I would strongly recommend using openswan-2 instead of openswan-1, since that
has already neem ported to various other cpus, such as the ia64/amd64/mips/sparc.

openswan-1 is not actively developed anymore. Only security patches are accepted.
You would end up having to maintain all your code changes yourself. While for
openswan-2, you can submit patches to us and we will maintain it as part of the
codebase.