[Openswan dev] Phase 2 Negotiation Reliability

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Sun Sep 19 06:28:32 CEST 2004

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 02:16:25PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:

>   per-state would permit it to be different for quick_I1 vs main_R3, etc.
>   I don't think it would be interesting on a per-connection basis.

Well I'm not sure whether you want to do this for main_R3.  It'd be better
to turn on DPD early so that it can detect this and kill the state.

>   Note you can also make the value infinite by setting retries=0. I
> think that this would work for the a responding only system.

You never want to set this to infinity.  Otherwise if the initiator decides
to go away you're stuffed.
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>