[Openswan dev] 2.6 KLIPS support?

Ken Bantoft ken at xelerance.com
Thu May 13 23:05:48 CEST 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Michael Richardson wrote:

> --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--

>     Nate> I see FreeS/WAN 2.06 is out (as of 4/22), and supports KLIPS
>     Nate> on the 2.6 kernel.
>
>   Note it does not support independant module compilation on 2.6.
>   (You have to patch it into the kernel source)
>
>     Nate> Has any headway been made to port this code into Openswan yet,
>     Nate> or is it going to wait until after 2.1.2 is out? It'd be
>     Nate> really nice to have that feature in 2.1.2.
>
>   No, this won't be there until 2.3.
>   When this will occur depends upon resources.
>
>   the 2.6 support for FS, which I did, involved reognizing source code,
> not doing anything to it. So, there are no "patches" per-se, other than
> to the Makefile. Starting from 2.06 won't get you anything useful -
> i.e. no AES, no NAT-T, etc.
>
>   so, we are waiting until we have all of those things sorted out before
> moving any of the source code around to accomodate 2.6 compilation.

Btw, http://www.openswan.org/development/roadmap.php has a usually
up-to-date (having said that, I need to update it) roadmap.

I'm curious as to why people all of a sudden want KLIPS, when everyone
used to complain about how much it 'sucked' compared to XYZ
implementation.

--
Ken Bantoft			VP Business Development
ken at xelerance.com		Xelerance Corporation

The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet.
        -- William Gibson