[Openswan Users] 003 no RSA public key known error for mutliple connections

Jen jen at beswick.co.za
Mon Jul 6 08:56:37 EDT 2015

HI

I currently have a successful IPSEC tunnel connection between my HO and a
branch in another region. However I want add another connection to the ipsec
file. So that I have multiple tunnels running from one branch.
However when I add the new tunnel I get the following error when starting
ipsec.     --- "no RSA public key known for "serverip"

Below are my config files

The Server ipsec.conf file

version 2

config setup
  interfaces=%defaultroute
  klipsdebug=none
  plutodebug=none

conn %default
  keyingtries=0

conn "old" this connections is working
  type=tunnel
  left=serverip
  leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
  leftnexthop=196.25.97.73
  right=%any
  rightsubnet=192.168.3.0/24
  rightnexthop=
  rightid=@besntl
  auto=add
  authby=secret|rsasig
  leftrsasigkey=0sAQNpNCFEGH
  rightrsasigkey=0sAQNueZGtVe

 #Disable Opportunistic Encryption
#include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

Now when I add another connection below that I get the 003 "no RSA public
key known for "serverip" error.
However If I remove either one so that there is just one tunnel then the
link comes up. Its just when adding multiple connections. Please assist

Thanks