[Openswan Users] Tunnel up, some hosts work, others don't.

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:57:19 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Richard Whittaker <richard at avits.ca> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am taking another crack at this in the hopes SOMEONE might have some
> helpful suggesteions. So far, my posts here and in the Ubuntu lists have
> been fruitless, so I will provide as much detail here as I can, and
> hopefully someone might have some suggestions, because I am stumped.

You could start by disabling firewalls for a _brief_ period of testing
(emphasis on briefly disabling firewalls on those hosts).

> So I ask, what is different on the Ubuntu 12.04 from the CentOS box that
> would be causing  the Ubuntu box to not send TCP traffic over the tunnel,
> but would allow ICMP traffic to pass? What do I look for? What do I tweak,
> poke, prod, and am I the only person on the planet that has come across
> this issue?

Do you know for certain TCP from X host doesn't go across the tunnel?
I'd run tcpdump/wireshark on the end hosts as well as VPN end points and
determine at what point traffic is not going where you want it to.

--
Mike