[Openswan Users] IPSec tunnel running but can not connect to remote host

Suraj Mundada surajmundada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:56:18 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have set up a IPSec tunnel between my VPS server having public IP and a
partner site. I can see the tunnel up and running when I check the ipsec
status.

I can ping the firewall of the partner site. But if I telnet the host (the
server which I want to connect to) behind this firewall, I don't get any
response.

My partner network team says that they are not receiving any traffic from
my VPS.

I tried "traceroute" to host. It shows only stars. It does not show even a
single gateway on my network or any outside network.

I checked all the ipsec configuration and other network configurations
(iptables, hosts, routes) on my VPS. They seem to be configured properly.

But I am still unable to telnet or connect to host on partner site.

How can I debug this issue?

Suraj