[Openswan Users] Slow download speed

Dominic Wiersma d.wiersma at dwits.nl
Sun Nov 30 13:47:05 EST 2014

Hi,

I am experiencing a slow connection on my IPSec setup.

Currently running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with the most recent OpenSWAN version.

When I connect to my VPN I am experiencing slow downloads (700kbps up to
1mbit average). Setup listed below:

Windows 7 Machine -(VPN TUNNEL)- Ubuntu VPN Server -- Internet

When I test my connection to the Ubuntu server without the VPN, I am
experiencing a full 100mbps download from the server.

So the problem seems to exist in the tunnel, windows 7 host or server.

Does someone has experience troubleshooting such an issue?

Best regards,

Dominic