[Openswan Users] Connecting to Cisco VPN, getting INVALID_ID_INFORMATION followed by "perhaps peer likes no proposal"

Mike Johnston mjohnston at wiktel.com
Wed Mar 19 13:18:49 EDT 2014

I'm not too well versed on this stuff, but I have a few thoughts for you:

  * Make sure your secrets match.
  * Make sure the IP addresses in your secrets file are accurate.
  * Try doing some debugging on the ASA.
      o debug crypto isakmp 200 or even debug crypto isakmp 255
      o debug crypto ipsec
  * I never could get pfs to work between Openswan and a Cisco
    firewall.  Try temporarily turning off pfs on both ends and see if
    you get any better luck.