[Openswan Users] Openswan cisco vpn client compatibility

peter at krajci.sk peter at krajci.sk
Wed Jul 9 04:37:55 EDT 2014

Hello,
I am using Linux Openswan U2.6.37/K3.2.0-4-amd64 (netkey) as IPsec
server. It is actual Openswan version from debian package. I want to
ask if there is support for cisco vpn client. I am using version
5.0.07.0440. I tried many configurations working with client Shrew
soft vpn client or win7 native client, but I get error with cisco vpn
client. From auth.log

Jul  9 11:59:47 IPsec pluto[19288]: packet from 192.168.110.73:61352:
size (869) differs from size specified in ISAKMP HDR (853)

It is initial packet sent from host to Openswan server, and Openswan
server do not respond. Firewall do not play any role because it is in
same local network.
If there is no support for cisco vpn client. Is there some free ipsec
solution compatible with cisco vpn client? I need it for simulation of
one issue.

Thank you.
Peter Krajci