[Openswan Users] phase2 initiation failed because parent ISAKMP is gone

Paul Young paul at arkig.com
Sun Jul 6 02:10:41 EDT 2014

Hi Guys,

Can't say I am having much luck finding any into on this. But a previously
working VPN connection is now returning the following:

004 "ark-idny4" #136: STATE_MAIN_I4: ISAKMP SA established
{auth=OAKLEY_PRESHARED_KEY cipher=oakley_3des_cbc_192 prf=oakley_md5
group=modp1024}
003 "ark-idny4" #137: phase2 initiation failed because parent ISAKMP #136
is gone

And I just can't see where the issue could be.

Any advice would be great at this point.

Thanks