[Openswan Users] basic question about network interfaces

Mike James mike.james at clutch.com
Fri Jan 24 12:12:10 EST 2014

Linux Openswan U2.6.37/K3.8.0-35-generic (netkey) from apt-get on Ubuntu 12.04 – vanilla installation. I installed ubuntu on a virtual machine with one interface, eth0. Do I need a second interface to run openswan successfully? I have set up some tunnels but I find routing to be spotty, and I was wondering if I shouldn’t try to do everything over eth0.

Mike
--

Michael James
Sr. Network Engineer
mike.james at clutch.com
        [Clutch]
The Premiere loyalty, rewards, and gifting platform
for consumer-focused brands and retailers.