[Openswan Users] Some problems with reconnection

Filippo Calzavara fil.calzavara at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 18:45:08 EST 2014

Hi all.
I've got some problems with the configuration of my VPN IPSec/L2TP (PSK)
server. I've installed it on my Raspberry Pi (Raspbian), and everything
seems ok. But I can't understand why when I connect my MacBook to the VPN
and just put it on standby, the connection fall down and I'm not able to
reconnect anymore. If I want to reconnect my Mac, I have to restart ipsec
and xl2tpd services. In fact, I notice by /var/log/system.log, that the
client establishes a connection with IPSec, but not with L2TP. Is this an
authentication problem? Anybody has a solution for this issue?

Thanks
PS I followed this tutorial:
http://riobard.com/2010/04/30/l2tp-over-ipsec-ubuntu/