[Openswan Users] Weird tunnel issue

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:56:51 EST 2014

Got some more debugging on this issue.

When the tunnel drops (after a network outage), I can only get the tunnel
passing traffic again by restarting the ipsec daemon. But the daemon
doesn't restart the tunnel on its own despite DPD being configured.
Restarting the tunnel from the Fortigate side, the Fortigate shows the
tunnel up but the no traffic will route on the OpenSWAN side.

ipsec.conf: https://gist.github.com/williamsjj/4dc00138e62697aec602
tunnel config: https://gist.github.com/williamsjj/910adcc5a071fc130b30

Fortigate Phase 1 Conf: http://www.screencast.com/t/9V3XmL9Gdxw
Fortigate Phase 2 Conf: http://www.screencast.com/t/EZq5VSbcMWS