[Openswan Users] Openswan connecting to Libreswan

Martin Erasmus martin at onyx.co.za
Fri Nov 29 06:37:40 UTC 2013

Hi

I am running a server on Linux Openswan U2.4.7/K2.6.23.17-88.fc7, I am
runnung 5 remote servers using the same version of openswan with no
problem, I am now trying to add a new FC 18 system, this version of
openswan does not run on fc 18 as it comes up with unable to determine
address for ..., So I have had to install Linux Libreswan 3.5 (netkey)
on 3.10.13-101.fc18.x86_64 on the new system. I have change the
ipsec.conf file. I am now getting the error "no RSA public key known for
"serverip"

all the other systems are connecting and working fine it is just this one

The Server ipsec.conf file

version 2

config setup
  interfaces=%defaultroute
  klipsdebug=none
  plutodebug=none

conn %default
  keyingtries=0

conn "old" this connections is working
  type=tunnel
  left=serverip
  leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
  leftnexthop=196.25.97.73
  right=%any
  rightsubnet=192.168.4.0/24
  rightnexthop=
  rightid=@besntl
  auto=add
  authby=secret|rsasig
  leftrsasigkey=0sAQNpNCFEGH
  rightrsasigkey=0sAQNueZGtVe

conn "new" This one is giving the error
  type=tunnel
  left=serverIP
  leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
  leftnexthop=196.25.97.73
  right=%any
  rightsubnet=192.168.2.0/24
  rightnexthop=
  rightid=@beslas1
  auto=add
  pfs=yes
  authby=rsasig
leftrsasigkey=0sAQNpNCFEGH
  rightrsasigkey=0sAQPJiwK5K6

#Disable Opportunistic Encryption
include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

The New System ipsec.conf

version 2

config setup
     klipsdebug=none
     plutodebug=none
      interfaces=%defaultroute

conn %default
  keyingtries=1

conn "new"
  type=tunnel
  left=serverip
  leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
  leftnexthop=196.25.97.73
  right=%defaultroute
  rightsubnet=192.168.2.0/24
  rightid=@beslas1
  rightnexthop=%defaultroute
  auto=add
  pfs=yes
  authby=rsasig
    leftrsasigkey=0sAQNpNCFEGH
rightrsasigkey=0sAQPJiwK5K6

#Disable Opportunistic Encryption
#include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

thanks

Martin