[Openswan Users] really basic peer-to-peer setup

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Fri May 3 20:16:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Simon Deziel <simon at xelerance.com> wrote:
>> ipsec_setup: Warning: ignored obsolete keyword forwardcontrol
>
> This one is more suspect. Can you post your ipsec.conf ?

I can't recall whether or not that one was put there by webmin or not.
 I had spent quite a few hours on it myself without webmin but then
after so much trouble I installed webmin and got it involved to see
whether I was doing something really brain dead.

Here is my config - and "left is local".   The "interfaces" was added
by webmin I know that much.

# basic configuration
config setup
        dumpdir=/var/run/pluto/
        forwardcontrol=yes
        interfaces="ipsec0=xenbr0"
        nat_traversal=yes
        oe=off
        plutoopts=--perpeerlog
        protostack=auto
        virtual_private=,%v4:172.16.0.0/24,%v4:172.30.0.0/24
        # Use this to log to a file, or disable logging on embedded
systems (like openwrt)
        #plutostderrlog=/dev/null

# Add connections here

conn bioinformatics