[Openswan Users] key 2048 bit

Salvatore sasa at shoponweb.it
Wed Mar 27 15:28:01 UTC 2013

Mark wrote:
>You can store multiple secrets in ipsec.secrets -- the first part of the
line (before
>the :) is the criteria that matches it to the connection.
>e.g. I have something like:
>
>: RSA key.pem "password"
>1.1.1.1 %any: PSK "password"
>
>where the RSA key is used for most connections, and the PSK is used for
>connections where 1.1.1.1 is the left IP (and the right IP is anything).

with the current vpn connections (site to site and road connection) I have
the following file ipsec.secrets:

1.1.1.1 %any : PSK "123456789"
: RSA	{
	#pubkey=0sAQOkZi5vfx+....

Where 1.1.1.1 is my public ip address on left side
Psk 123456789 is used for road connection
Pubkey for the for the current connections site to site

now I have to change ipsec.conf to create the new VPN connection (site to
site) to the Fortinet using PSK:

conn myhost-fortinet
  auto=start
  authby=secret
  pfs=yes

 #sede left myhost
  left=1.1.1.1
  leftsubnet=172.16.0.0/24
  leftnexthop=1.1.1.2

#side ricght fortinet
  right=161.x.x.x
  rightsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
  rightnexthop=161.x.x.y

and then modify ipsec.secrets in this mode:

1.1.1.1 161.x.x.x : PSK "987654321"
1.1.1.1 %any : PSK "123456789"
: RSA	{
	#pubkey=0sAQOkZi5vfx+....