[Openswan Users] Established Tunnel Not Passing Traffic

Neal Murphy neal.p.murphy at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Jun 28 00:28:38 UTC 2013

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 07:04:15 PM Dave Ariens wrote:
> Could me trying to ping the other end have allowed the ESP protocol / UDP
> packets in somehow?

No, but allowing ESP/500/4500 *out* might've enabled the IPSEC netfilter
helper to allow certain things in (if NAT exists anywhere). That is, if one
end can get out on the correct ports/protos and the other lets them in,
there's a good chance things would just work. It's hard to tell without seeing
your network config(s) in minute detail (Where is NAT and any inbound
forwards? What's allowed out? What's allowed in? Are there other related
filters? What is routed where?