[Openswan Users] Gateway to gateway without router in one endpoint?

Jose M soloninguno at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:37:52 UTC 2013

From: soloninguno at hotmail.com
To: users at lists.openswan.org
Subject: Gateway to gateway without router in one endpoint?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:35:12 -0300

I need to create an ipsec vpn between an internal network behind a cisco router and
 an ubuntu server in the outside that is directly connected to the web (no
router here).

Right now I've test openswan to create a client to gateway vpn an works as expected. Unforunately with this configuration I don't have two way traffic, the client sees the internal network, but the network can't see the client.

My knowledge of networks isn't the best, so I need to ask, is it possible to create some kind of virtual nics in ubuntu client server to simulate a gateway and an internal network (with only one machine) in this endpoint, so the machines in the internal network can see this client?

Thanks in advance!