[Openswan Users] Unreliable VPN - SCCR problem?

Dom Latter openswan-users at latter.org
Mon Jun 3 11:19:19 UTC 2013

On 03/05/13 22:49, Dom Latter wrote:

> After a boot or soft boot (i.e. restarting ipsec and xl2tpd)
> on the server we are able to connect and reconnect a variable
> number of times (between two and ten, put one way, or for an
> hour or two, or even up to 24 or so, put another way), before
> it starts failing, after which it will always fail.

I have found someone else with much the same problem.
http://www.wakoond.hu/2012/01/openwrt-l2tpipsec-server.html

I have also found that restarting openswan only (i.e. leaving
the l2tp daemon running) was sufficient to "fix" things.

And I have also found reports of strongswan running reliably
on openwrt.

So I am going to try that instead.