[Openswan Users] Routing Issue I don't understand

Ben Schmidt crackhd2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:17:38 UTC 2013

Hallo Mailing List,

I got VPN up and running from openswan 2.6.37-3 running on debian 7 amd64
connecting to a Juniper ISG.
My Problem is that I can not get a single ping over the Tunnel, seems like
a routing Issue.

Here is my config: http://pastebin.com/QdqtpPsg
Here is the ouput of "ipsec auto --status": http://pastebin.com/7i4UJKAu
Here is the output of "ipsec barf" > http://pastebin.com/iaMkuGwc

So it tells me that "ip xfrm policy" is
###########
src 192.168.210.0/24 dst 10.41.35.0/24
        dir out priority 2344 ptype main
        tmpl src yyy.yyy.27.141 dst zzz.zzz.2.74
                proto esp reqid 16385 mode tunnel
src 10.41.35.0/24 dst 192.168.210.0/24
        dir fwd priority 2344 ptype main
        tmpl src zzz.zzz.2.74 dst yyy.yyy.27.141
                proto esp reqid 16385 mode tunnel
src 10.41.35.0/24 dst 192.168.210.0/24
        dir in priority 2344 ptype main
        tmpl src zzz.zzz.2.74 dst yyy.yyy.27.141
                proto esp reqid 16385 mode tunnel

That should do what I want, but it doesn't.

Could someone please point me in a direction to look at?

Thanks a lot,
Ben