[Openswan Users] How to reload ipsec.conf without disconnecting unaffected tunnels?

Steve Leung kesteve at kesteve.com
Mon Aug 12 04:28:01 UTC 2013

Sorry for my late reply.

--rereadall will not read leftcert and rightcert in /etc/ipsec.conf, it
does reread CA, AA, CRL, etc. To be precise, they are: "REREAD_SECRETS |
REREAD_CACERTS | REREAD_AACERTS | REREAD_OCSPCERTS | REREAD_ACERTS |
REREAD_CRLS".

which do not include "leftcert" and "rightcert" (i.e.
/etc/ipsec.d/certs/)... The only method seems to be --delete/--add (or
--replace), anyway, now my setup is using --delete/--add the specific
connection to solve the problem. Thanks for all your help on this.

Best regards,
Steve