[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN KLIPS or MAST

Piotr Dzionek piotr.dzionek at intercon.pl
Thu Apr 4 07:17:34 UTC 2013

Hi,
I know there are two protostack to choose with OpenSWAN that are
provided with openswan-modules. However I can not find what is the main
difference between them. I know that with klips there is a pseudo
interface ipsec0 created without IP address and with MAST i got pseudo
interface with IP from leftsubnet parameter.  Moreover i read
suggestions that I should just use KLIPS and do not use MAST. Are there
maybe some problems with MAST or performance issues?  Which of these
stacks is better ?