[Openswan Users] connection dropping.

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Mon Sep 10 19:31:47 EDT 2012

Jivin dan.cave at me.com lays it down ...
> Hi mitsuo ..
>
> I don't know if this is significant but how is it possible to have just one IP addresses for your left subnet since it is a network and single IP at the same time as the cidr notation is a/32.. Can you not use a /30 or later? Imposing wondering if this attributes to your random disconnects because the remote end may be confused some how..

As someone already pointed out,  the /32 is fine.  Use that all the time for
a single host inside a network.

As for the connections dropping.  I notice you have forceencaps on,
probably because you have a NAT firewall.

Its possible on cheaper NAT routers that they lose the NAT association after
5 minutes or so,  regardless of activity.  Might be something to look for.
If you stop seeing in coming IKE traffic (tcpdump) that would probably
explain it,

Cheers,
Davidm

David McCullough,      david_mccullough at mcafee.com,  Ph:+61 734352815