[Openswan Users] ipsec route metric

Oguz Yilmaz oguzyilmazlist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 10:56:08 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am using Openswan 2.6.33 and kernel 3.5.3 with netkey. on my setup:

Left: 10.14.0.0/16 (openswan)
Right: 10.0.0.0/8 (cisco)

Internel Interface of openswan machine is 10.14.1.1/24 and this
interface has some routes to a router inside the network for other
networks.
-net 10.14.2.0/24 gw 10.14.1.254
etc.

When the vpn has established, packets for 10.14.2.x also goes into the
vpn and not to the internal network according to the route. It seems
the route for 10.0.0.0/8 which is added by openswan is superior to
older routes.

I added a new conn for passthru:

conn passthru
        type=passthrough
        leftsubnet=10.14.0.0/16
        rightsubnet=10.14.0.0/16

However, this did not helped..

How can I overcome this problem? It seems metric parameter is not
valid for Netkey.

Best Regards,

--
Oguz YILMAZ