[Openswan Users] Passthrough woes, 0.0.0.0/0 causes loss of connectivity

Vikki P vikkitrajectory at yahoo.ca
Mon Oct 15 10:37:37 EDT 2012

Hey guys,

I'm new to OpenSwan and trying to put together the following setup.  If I SSH into ServerA and type ping www.google.se, I want all my traffic to go /through/ the IPsec tunnel to ServerB and out to the Internet.  In other words, I want my traffic from ServerA to appear to come from ServerB.

I'm running into a problem though.  As soon as I add rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0 to the ServerA.conf, I lose SSH connectivity from HOME to ServerA.  I need another set of eyes.  Is there anything wrong with my configuration?  Can anyone make a suggestion on how to route all outgoing Internet-bound traffic from ServerA through ServerB via IPsec, while still maintaining SSH connectivity to ServerA from HOME?  Any assistance is much appreciated! :)

HOME --- (SSH) ---> ServerA --- (IPSEC) ---> ServerB ---> Internet

HOME External: 9.9.9.9

ServerA Internal: 192.168.1.10
ServerA External: 1.1.1.1

ServerB Internal: 192.168.2.10