[Openswan Users] VPN Transport Mode, Windows 7, xl2tpd, openswan - setup feasibility check

Simon Deziel simon at xelerance.com
Fri Oct 5 18:01:37 EDT 2012

Hi Horst,

Your setup should work with some quirks though. Notably, if the
"notebook" runs Windows, you'll need to tweak the registry [1] because
both the client and the server are behind NAT.

Also, you don't need to port forward the L2TP traffic on your DSL router
as it will never see it since it's embedded in the IPsec transport.

HTH,
Simon

1: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926179