[Openswan Users] TP-Link to Openswan ?

Nick Howitt n1ck.h0w1tt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:51:19 EST 2012

You could try a really simple configuration:

# The config file changed quite a bit from 1.x.
# See
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-2.00/doc/upgrading.html

version 2.0

# Default policy
#---------------

config setup
     interfaces=%defaultroute
     oe=no
     protostack=netkey

conn %default
     type=tunnel
     authby=secret

conn tp-link
     auto=add
     left=your_WAN_IP
     leftsubnet=your_LAN_subnet_like_192.168.2.0/24
     leftsourceip=your_openswan_LAN_IP_like_192.168.2.1
     right=TP-LINK_WAN_IP
     rightsubnet=your_TP-Link_LAN_subnet_like_192.168.30.0/24
     pfs=no # better if you set the TP-Link Perfect Forward Secrecy to
yes, but with pfs=no Openswan will accept both yes and no from the TP-Link

ipsec.secrets should be:
your_WAN_IP TP-LINK_WAN_IP : PSK "your_PSK"

This is a very basic set up and you may be able to tighten it up.
Openswan should accept any secure algorithm from the TP-Link like this.
If this does not work post the connection logs (from /var/log/secure on
my system).

What configuration options have you chosen set on the TP-Link?

Regards,

Nick