[Openswan Users] VPN connection established but ...

Willie Gillespie wgillespie+openswan at es2eng.com
Mon Nov 12 09:12:45 EST 2012

On 11/10/2012 12:22 PM, Durwin wrote:
> I can also ssh back to the left, and if I enter a command with
> very little output it works.

Is the MTU of your connection properly set on both sides?  ICMP messages
blocked?  Perhaps the left side needs to fragment to fit through a small
MTU pathway but it doesn't know that.  Or there is a black hole router
along the path.

I also had a dumb ISP once with a proprietary link that had a smaller
MTU than Ethernet -- yet they also blocked ICMP type 3 messages so I
wasn't getting error messages... packets were just disappearing.

Just a thought.