[Openswan Users] Questions around Hub and spoke config and routing using Draytek 28x series

Daniel Cave dan.cave at me.com
Tue May 29 08:22:05 EDT 2012

Hi Giles,

Thank you for your reply. It would appear that from your mail, I've tried the same thing with regard to remote "more" routing option, which i presume is within the lan-to-lan profile, but unfortunately it does not seem to work and i do not see traffic being forwarded beyond the linux openswan gateway. I thought this was down to ip.forwarding  not being enable on the open/swan gw, which isn't the case and I  haven't been able to spend any more time diagnosing this further.

Draytek tell me that this "more" routing option only works between draytek devices and not third party router/vpn devices. In theory I believe it should work regardless but it seems this isn't going to be something I can fix quickly/myself unless I remove the 2820 device or try with a 2830 -  which presumably has differing firmware behaviour.

IF you feel you want to contact me directly via email /off topic about this I'd welcome any views/thoughts.

Regards
Dan