[Openswan Users] Openswan xl2tpd option to delete ipsec conn if pppd goes down

Sven Schiwek ml-openswan at svenux.de
Sat Mar 17 11:47:25 EDT 2012

Hi,

is there an option to immediately delete the ipsec connection if the xl2tpd pppd goes down (because of pppd DPD)?
I have the problem that sometimes pppd goes down because of a bad internet connection (~2 min. downtime) but the ipsec connection remains up until ipsec DPD recognizes that the connection is dead. I have a dpddelay=40 and a dpdtimeout=70 in ipsec.conf (2.6.37).

It seems that the pppd DPD and/or the xl2tpd DPD drops the connection faster than ipsec DPD. For the pppd I configured (but with no effect):
lcp-echo-interval 10
lcp-echo-failure 24

Thanks,
Sven