[Openswan Users] When is _updown script called for dpdaction=restart

elison.niven at elitecore.com elison.niven at elitecore.com
Mon Jun 11 01:12:57 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 10:54 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012, elison.niven at elitecore.com wrote:
>
> updown will be called when DPD determines the connection is dead, eg
> when it does the equivalent of 'ipsec auto --down connname'.

Thanks Paul. _updown will be called immediately when DPD determines the
connection is dead, only when dpdaction is hold or clear. For
dpdaction=restart, pluto will try to re-initiate main mode and on failing
to establish a connection will call _updown. I was asking for this case,
How do I calculate the time here? Consider that dpdaction is set to
restart and then, the ethernet cable is unplugged. In how much time will
_updown be called after peer is declared dead?

--
Thanks,
Elison