[Openswan Users] Interfaces for point-to-point

Macks, Aaron amacks at harvardbusiness.org
Sun Jun 10 23:35:20 EDT 2012

I'm trying to setup a machine-to-machine VPN, but am not sure what to use for the left|right subnet.  On a network-to-network setup that would clearly be the "inside" interface, already configured.  On this setup, though, there's no 'inside' network just the routable eth0 on each system.  Do I make a special virtual interface on loopback with a non-routed IP or something?

If someone could point me to a howto for this sort of ipsec tunnel, that would be fantastic, I've not been able to find one.

thanks

Aaron Macks